Choosing Community or Enterprise¶
The Canton application is a single bundle that implements all types of nodes. Which role the application takes depends on the configuration. The main administration interface of the Canton application is the embedded console, which is part of the application.
Canton releases come in two variants: Community or Enterprise. Both support the full Canton protocol, but differ in terms of enterprise and non-functional capabilities:
|Transaction Processing||Parallel (fast)||Sequential (slow)|
|High Throughput via Microservices||Yes||No|
Please follow below instructions in order to obtain your copy of Canton.
Downloading the Community Edition¶
Downloading the Enterprise Edition¶
Enterprise releases are available on request (email@example.com) and can be downloaded from the respective repository, or you can use our Canton Enterprise Docker images as described in our Docker instructions.
In order to get access to the enterprise repositories, please setup an account with auth0 and inform our sales representative about the auth0 account name you want to have associated with your Enterprise license. You will then be able to use your auth0 account to authenticate to JFrog and access the respective repositories.
- Go to JFrog
- Select the auth0 authorization in the bottom right corner of the JFrog login screen
- Select the Sign up tab on the auth0 registration window
- Add your company email, select a password and press the Sign up button
- Inform our sales representative about the email you’ve chosen for your JFrog account.
- You will receive a notification from DA once access has been granted.