Unless otherwise stated, all Daml runtime components require the following dependencies:
- For development, an x86-compatible system running a modern Linux, Windows, or MacOS operating system. For a production deployment, an x86-compatible system running a modern Linux operating system.
- Java 11 or greater.
- An RDBMS system,
- Either PostgreSQL 11.17 or greater.
- Or Oracle Database 19.11 or greater.
- JDBC drivers compatible with the chosen RDBMS.
Daml is tested using the following specific dependencies in default installations.
- Operating Systems:
- Ubuntu 20.04 for development. Ubuntu 20.04 and Debian 11 is also tested for production use.
- Windows Server 2016
- MacOS 10.15 Catalina
- Eclipse Adoptium version 11 for Java.
- PostgreSQL 11.17
- Oracle Database 19.11
In terms of hardware requirements, minimal deployments running simple Daml applications are regularly tested with as little as 2 GB of memory and access to a single, shared vCPU.